Geoff Krasnov offers apparel/clothing/garment manufacturing and sourcing news.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Apparel Start Up Companies Proliferating

Considering the onslaught of imports and the declining margins due to price pressures and cost increases one would think that the number of people considering starting a new apparel line would be dwindeling. If it is we sure haven't noticed! We maintain an average of 8-12 new start up inquiries a week. Many merely have an inkling of an idea and have no idea where to begin. They visit our website long enough to get our phone number and call to ask "what is it your company does"? They have done no market research, have no business plan, and cannot tell a knit from a woven. This extreme is balanced by those that call with a good understanding of the business, either through research or experience. If you are considering starting a line our website offers a wealth of information to help you get started, and the resource page is especially helpfull for links to associated and relevant websites. We urge you to closely examine the competition from the standpoints of where their line is produced, their retail price points, the channel of distribution they are in, and how your product will differentiate itself enough to draw consumers attention.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Fasanella said...

Hi Geoff,
How about a reminder to visit Fashion-Incubator?

btw, I ran my first marathon last january. I was the number one fundraiser (blood cancers) for the entire state of NM. I can't say I did it for Heather but since I don't know anyone else with leukemia, she was uppermost in my mind. I posted it on fashion-incubator. I guess you don't get there often.

4:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home